Friday, October 12, 2007

Dressing up for the 'Office' at McMurdo


View from the Andrill ARISE Office Window in Crary Lab 10/10/07

For those of you that wanted to know how long it would take me to get dressed in my ECW gear, I have now been timed. The gear I selected to include is: long underwear (top and bottom), liner socks, wool socks, fleecy sweatshirt, fleece jumpsuit, windpants, Big Red, balaclava, neck warmer, wool hat, goggles, liner gloves, outer gloves, and gauntlet mittens. Check out the video that my ARISE teammates filmed and edited.

Send me an email at kspound@andrill.org with predictions from you or your students before Wednesday 17th October at noon McMurdo time (= New Zealand Time) .. remember to give units in minutes and seconds. I will send the winner a McMurdo Station patch. If you need help figuring out what time that is for you, go to http://www.timeanddate.com/ .
You will note how quickly the weather can change here when you compare the views from our Crary Lab office window at the top and bottom of this post.


View from Office Window 10/11/07 10 am

No comments: