Monday, October 1, 2007

Saying Goodbye



You can anticipate goodbyes, but I must say that it is hard to prepare yourself for the hurt of saying goodbye to your family for 9 weeks! My daughters, Maia and Ivy,ages 15 and 11, and my husband, just left the airport where they bid me farewell. I’m really off now! So many changes will happen to my girls while I am gone!

But I am off to explore new horizons and to bring knowledge of a world so remote back to a cadre of eager virtual explorers. Our journey has begun, my friends! I will fly from Detroit to Dallas, Dallas to Los Angeles, Los Angeles to Auckland, New Zealand, and Auckland to Christchurch, New Zealand. I will meet up with other members of the ARISE team at various layovers along the way. It is now a Monday afternoon, and I will not arrive until Wednesday morning. (Keep in mind though, I am crossing not only the equator, but the international dateline as well!)

My dispaches will be irregular, but I will try to keep you as well posted as I can. Thanks for being a part of the journey.

No comments: